10th Street Range
Metcalf Field Sports Park
Junior, 4H, Scout
High Power Rifle
Small Bore Rifle
Small Bore Pistol League
San Jose Municipal Firing Range
1580 South 10th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Click here for a map
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Saturday 2pm to 5pm
- $10/hour – adult shooting in a dedicated firing lane
- $5/hour – junior shooting in a dedicated firing lane
- When adults are sharing a firing lane (maximum of 3 shooters per lane) the fee is $10/hour for the first adult plus an additional $5/hour for each additional adult.
- Juniors pay $5/hour if shooting in a dedicated firing lane but shoot for free if sharing a lane with an adult paying the $10/hour fee
- A junior is defined as anyone between the age of 10 years to 18 years of age. Note Juniors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or have a current signed consent form from a parent or legal guardian in their possession.
- Eye Protection, Ear Protection and Targets available
Pistols: 22 to 45 caliber (No magnums)
Rifles: any air rifle or 17-22 LR rimfire only
Eye and ear protection required
Public Use Range Rules
SJMFR Range Use Policy
SJMFR Group Use Application Procedure
SJMFR Event Application
Directions to the range:
From 280 take the 10th street exit and go south on 10th street. The range is on the left hand side of
the street just past the Ice Center and just before the railroad tracks.
The 10th St. San Jose Municipal
Firing Range and the SCVRC Juniors' programs have benefited from multiple thousands of dollars in grants from the NRA Foundation over the past 7 years.
These NRA grants have enabled the SCVRC to upgrade the SJ-PRNS 10th
Street Range Facility interior with the following: new cabinetry
(05NCA); Troy Board™ acoustic panels (08NCA27); new shooting benches
(10NCA24); completely painted and sealed floor area (NRA43CA10); and
a number of main backstop upgrades (11NCA49). The SCVRC Juniors' program has obtained critical
teaching materials, shooting coats, spotting scopes, and competition-level air rifles. These improvements would not have been possible without the generous support of the NRA Foundation.
The SCVRC, Inc. strongly encourages your support of the NRA Foundation by attending Friends of NRA dinners. Without your continued support, grants such as these would not be available.